Thursday, November 14, 2013

Camping in November

So this last weekend I was in West Virginia, in the outskirts of Huntington at a camp called Howell's Mill Christian Assembly.  I had the privilege of being there for their middle school summer camp this year, and I must say, if you haven't ever done anything like that before - you're in for a blast! 

There's nothing like planning songs for their weekend retreat, only to come in and hear them all shout "JOSH!!!", and "can we do this song?!!..." etc... gotta stay on your toes!
There is nothing like middle-school enthusiasm! They all wanted to be on stage with me the last day... so without a doubt close to 40 kids joined me for the last day of worship songs -- all clapping and singing and what I like to call 'spinning'.

It was great sharing my heart with them and music. One kid asked me a question during the trip that made me stop in my tracks - "what's the first scripture that comes to your head, verse and chapter included...go!" And I must admit I was caught a little off guard... Then our attention was captured elsewhere and we continued on through the day, not following through the conversation.

That would be something I regret, I would like to have more of an answer, not necessarily memmorized or better yet written on my heart so that in times I could recall at will. Granted, that kid was just having fun in the moment, but it made me think about what I would have said or done in other situations if - and when - I am asked about my faith.  No, I don't mean we should always have a mechanical answer to the world's questions, but rather I should always be ready to share my heart - all the important stuff - when necessary.

peace, & blessings,
-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment